I know you are only interested in the pictures, so here they are.........





Now for the details...
We arrived at our hotel at 3pm. We were told to be ready to go to the Civil Affairs office at 3:40 for our 4:00 appointment. When we got there we walked into a large room filled with lots of babies who were already sitting with their parents. We didn't see Lainie and Lilly. Then, Bobby looked through another doorway and saw two Chinese nannies holding two babies. I recognized Lilly right away, and assumed the other baby was Lainie, but she looked different because she has more hair. So, Jane our CWA representative, and Peter our guide, went into that room and within 5 minutes Lainie was handed she was a little more unsure although we did get a few smiles. However, about 15 minutes into to me by Jane. She came to us fine although she was most interested in her toy. We were in and out of there in 15 minutes. It was all so fast that none of us even had a chance to take it all in. During the bus ride back to the hotel (about 10 minutes) Lainie sat on Jen's lap and just looked at the photo album that we had sent her in February. We think that she has looked at it before because she points to the pictures and turns the pages. Back at the hotel we did manage to get a few smiles and a laugh or two. However, after about 15 minutes she realized she didn't recognize anything or anyone and the crying began. It is really sad, but it was what we expected. She cried on and off, but just for a few minutes at a time. Tonight at dinner she sat on Jen's lap and ate steamed eggs that our guide "fixed up" for her. Back in the room we changed her clothes and wiped her down. We knew a bath would be way too traumatic. We'll try that in the morning. She took part of a bottle and went to sleep after just a few minutes of crying. She's been sleeping about an hour now. Lainie can stand on her own and walk if we hold her hand. She doesn't like to be put down very much though and that is fine with us. This all seems like such a dream. It all just happened so fast. We are looking forward to the next few days when we can just spend some down time with her. She is very alert and very interested in the toys that we brought. She can pick up Cheerios with her finger and thumb and put them in her mouth. She knows how to push the buttons on the toys to make them make noise. She seems to be on target developmentally. Thank you for all of your prayers for us. God has supplied our every need. We can't wait to tell everyone all about the details of the experience.
Tomorrow morning we will leave the hotel at 8:30 to go back to the Civil Affairs office for more paperwork. The orphanage director and doctor will also be there to answer our questions. Today they did tell us that Lainie has been a healthy baby. They called her Yi Yi in the orphanage (pronounced Ee Ee). So we've been calling her Lainie Yi Yi and we will eventually drop the Yi Yi. She does turn to us when we call her name.
Please continue to pray that God would quiet her anxious heart with His love and that our bonding would go smoothly and she would feel attached to us quickly.
Thank you to all of you for all you have done for our family. Words just aren't adequate to express our gratitude.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
The Barbee Bunch (now complete)

52 comments:
Oh my goodness, she is BEAUTIFUL. That smile... look at all those teeth!! Congrats!!! She's gorgeous.
We are all in the honey bucket here! She is so precious, we are so happy for you!!!!
Love,
The office
Don't we serve an awesome God? Your little Lainie is beautiful-that smile just melted my heart. We will continue to pray for you the next few days as Lainie bonds with you. God will open up her heart to accept you. Lok at what he has already done! Love you all and thenks for the updates. Keep them coming.
She is precious! That smile is great. Ella said,"That doesn't look like Lainie." So I had to explain that she now has hair! I will continue to pray that the Lord will quickly fill her heart with the feeling of belonging! I can't wait for Danny, Molly and Luke to see her! Can't wait to see you all. She is beautiful! How is Mamaw doing?
Love, "Aunt" Crystal
That was me before. I am so excited I did not sign my name.
T. Heuts
How joyful. It is wonderful to see the pictures. I'm sure you guys are overwhelmed as are all of us. Our prayers are with you. Thank God indeed!
Gary, L.A. and Samuel
Wow! God can do such wonderful things.
Thank you God for this loving family and for this little girl.
Finally the family is complete. She is so beautiful. I'm taking the pictures with me to my exam today to show her off :) Im so happy for you. I hope you all continue to have a wonderful time. Lainie looks perfect sitting on your lap Jen. Cant wait to see you all home again.
Mamaw, There's 13 of us now!! I know right now you probably couldnt be any happier than you already are.
Miss You all
Love You all
Katie
She is a cutie pie! We pray that the transition will go smoothe. We're so very happy for you, and we know that God has fully provided for this special day! It's wonderful to be able to see the results from your postings.
Jen, your mom and I are ecstatic! The pictures tell a wonderful story don't they? I've been calling everybody just like when Trey, Jillian, and Will were born. Hope ya'll find a cheeseburger soon!
Love,
Dad
I just showed Bob (pawpaw) the pictures and of course we cried together!! He said to tell everyone "hello", he cant wait to see her in person.
Denise and Pawpaw
Just to let you know, Ella is quite upset that she is not going to see Lainie NOW! She wanted to put Lainie's pictures in HER room, not the fridge!
Love, "Aunt" Crystal and "anxious to see her", "Cousin" Ella
WOW!!! She is ADORABLE! She looks different with her dark hair, plus she has grown since the last picture I saw of her. God is truly GREAT! I know this bonding time is wonderful. It won't take long. Babies can sense loving arms (& hearts). It's going to be great when you all get home with Lainie! We love being able to keep up with the progression of each day. We love you all so much, and pray for you daily!
Love, Aunt Tammy & Uncle Trent
I am soooo excited for you both and for your entire family. Lanie is absolutely beautiful. I will continue to pray for your safety, and your travels. Know that God has His hands wrapped around all of you and He will give Lanie the peace and comfort she needs.
Can't wait to meet her.
Love to you all!
Michele Roper-Shue
I think you are amazing with what you are doing! I love seeing your updates! I'll continue praying for your family!
Love,
Leslie Murray
Hope you spent some time teaching her to say, "Go Heels!" (HaHa).
Look forward to hearing & seeing more about the adventure.
Godspeed!
-David R.
See I told you it would be okay. God does know what he is doing. We just have to be still and let him work his magic. She is beautiful. Enjoy your time together. Sandy S.
YAY!!! What an amazing smile in the last photo! You guys are going to be just fine in your bonding (of course we knew God would take care of that, didn't we?)! Enjoy the quiet down time over the next few days and continue to love on that darling child!
We're waiting back in NC for a new playmate!
Kristi
ps ~ Look for Lucy's once you get to Guangzhou! You'll find cheeseburgers and what I think was the best grilled cheese I've ever eaten there!
Praise God!! What a blessing. I am sitting at my desk with tears of joy streaming from my face. We do worship an awesome God. We will pray for Lainie that God will help her understand and quite her soul. I know that she will grow to love and cherish her parents because she is blessed to have such a great Mom and Dad. Come home soon!!
The saying goes, "a picture's worth a thousand words", well it's very true. Those photo's speak volumes! What a wonderful blessing to see you together at last.
I can't wait to get my Barbee Bunch Christmas card this year! I love you guys.
Sherry
" Shouts of joy and victory resound on the tents of the righteous: The Lord's right hand has done mighty things! The Lord's right hand is lifted high! Psalm 118:15-16"
What a beautiful sight!
Love to you,
Christy
What a beautiful little girl! Jennifer, I couldn't help but cry when I saw the picture of you finally holding her! I am so happy for you! Our prayers will be with you and little Lainie, and we wish you a safe trip. Congratulations, and we look forward to seeing her in person!!!!
Much love,
Misty & Clint Little
Hi Barbee family,
I know you are so excited to have your beautiful daughter with you now. I remember the feeling so well.
Jennifer, when you factor in the time difference you can say your gotcha day was Mother's Day...what a wonderful gift!
Love,
Cindy and Makayla (Lainie's Chenzhou sister)
What a Beautiful little child indeed! No amount of miles, time frames, different continent food, etc, can touch the joy I know you all are experiencing now. Praying for you all in bonding time, joy, peace at heart, and satisfaction in knowing God is So Good to us all. See all that part of the world you can Bob and family, and look forward to you sharing it with us when you get back home. Have a Safe One. Your Brother and Sister in Christ Always! Tom and Kolis
Bobby & Jennifer... she is so cute and I checked for pictures as soon as I came in from work. Can't wait till we can see you all when you return with the new addition. We will continue to remember you daily in our prayers & for the bonding process and for your safety in travel. Pictures are great!!! Felicia, Alexandra, and Maria
Lainie is cute, precious, and darling.
Anna Heuts
We do serve a BIG, BIG God. We are praying for you all as you begin "Barbee-izing" that beautiful little girl. What a blessing!
Michelle, James, Kelli, Madison, Adam, Tanner and Noah
It was a celebration in the 3rd & 4th Grades today. We got your message off Eve's phone and we were all celebrating the "little miracle".....WOW...her pictures are so cute....just like her. How does Monty think I will be able to stand back at the airport????? I promise I will try. Keep sending pictues...we pull up the site everyday....Your students are so excited and the staff is also. Lainie Yi Yi was the talk of the school today. Now she is named after me and Eve (Yi Yi).... Tell Mom I said "Hello" and we miss you all..... Thank you for bring her into our lives.....
We love you.....
Michelle
(Hopefully one day I will remember my password...)
I am so happy that you have Lainie now! I really miss you at school, I cant wait to see Lainie. Are you having fun? I am still praying for you, Bobby, Lainie, and Jackie. Hope you have lots of fun and I cant wait until you get back!
Love,
Kayla Chapman
Lainie is just beautiful! She looks so different than in the earlier pictures. It is great to finally see you holding her! I couldn't wait to get home from work today and check the blog to see our new neighbor! I can't wait to show Zoee the pictures when she gets home, she will be so excited. I do pray for her to adjust quickly, she just doesn't know yet how very blessed she is to be coming into such a kind and gracious family! We love you and can't wait to see you guys!
P.S. Jen your window box is looking great!!!!!!!
The Hatleys
Ok, Bobby you know I'm crying after looking at the pictures. She is so cute and so lucky to have parents like you two. May God be with you through out your journey and may he lay his hands on Lainie to comfort and give her peace.
Love, Susan Scott
What a beautiful baby girl! She literally took my breath away as I viewed the pictures. The Lord will truly make the adjustment period easy for her and in no time she will be perfectly comfortable. I love you all and cannot wait to see grandchild #13 for the first time.
Jodi
Wow! She is so beautiful and with such a sweet little twinkle in her eyes...
We are so happy for you guys. We will continue to pray as you all grow as a family and also for peace in little Lainie's heart.
Thank you again for sharing this wonderful journey and God's amazing work.
Love and smiles,
Hillary
We are "Speechless"...
Hannah, on the other hand, is not. When she saw the picture, she said, "Ohhh, How Cuuuuute!"
We love you all and can't wait to see that beautiful smile in person. Not yours Bobby, I mean Lainie.
Love Chad, Amy, Hannah and Ethan
Hey Mrs.Barbee these pics are making me cry!!!!!
I hope she is doing good let me baby sit her someday !!!ok
I love you very much !!!
love,Meredith Summers
She is beautiful! I just cried when I first saw the pictures. God is Good! The Barbee Bunch (all 6 of you!) have been blessed! We are praying!!!
I Love you!
Lynn and Family :)
Mrs.Barbee you do not no how much I miss you !!!!! the pics are very cute I really like that last one!!!!!
Come by school one day when you get home so we see her!!
Let me baby sit her one day!! These pics are making me cry !!!
Ilove you very much I will pray for you ok!!!
P.S. I love you very much and send us somemore pics
Love,MeredithSummers
By the way welcome home laney hope you like your new home !!!
Hey Mrs.Barbee this is like my 5th one sending to you !!But that is how much I love you and miss you!!!!
Mrs.Barbee PLEASE let me baby sit her she is so adorabol I love you very much !!!
P.S. Dont forget teach her how to say MeredithSummers and "GO TARHEELS" I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH WE ARE STILL PRAYING FOR YOU !!!!!
LOVE,MeredithSummers
Ma Eve is waitng! Love you ALL!
You guys are so lucky. She is so beautiful. We were all "ooing and ahhing" today in class. I can't wait for you to get home with her. She is precious!! Meredith has been fascinated with this website, pictures, etc. As you can tell I think she has sent you several.....comments. We will be praying for you all.
Love,
Mandi
TO GOD BE THE GLORY...GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE. Our God prepared the way. Praying for a safe return. Pleadind the blood for a safe haven for this little one. Love, Leslie Barbee
I LOVE YOU!I can not wait to see Lainie and of course I miss you. I know you wonder why I am still up but I wanted to see if there were some new pics. Mom said to tell Jackie hello and Bobby hello, hope you all are doing well!
I love you!
Kayla Chapman
Please give Lainie big hugs and kisses for us!!! We will be praying for you all.
Love,
Kayla Chapman
Opps! I posted my comment from this morning on the wrong section! I just wanted to check back again tonight to see if you had added any more pictures!
She is so adorable! She already seems to fit just perfectly in your arms, Jennifer!! I will keep praying for you and your family and for a safe trip home!
Love,
Rebekah Crisco
Bobby, Jennifer and Mamaw:
What an amazing story of God's perfect timing and plan. To see her with you seems very meant to be... Lainie is more beautiful than the pictures... The smile...remarkable... Honor was practicing her name tonight. I can't wait to see them together. We are praying for you every day, and I know that God will ease her little spirit and let her know that in your arms is where she was meant to be.
Please tell mom hello - We want to see a picture of mamaw with sweet #13.
What an amazing blessing Lainie Yi Yi is to all of you. Eric and I are logging on from Edisto Beach to wish you a wonderful get acquainted time together. We can't wait for Lainie to join the rest of the clan in Locust. Won't she and Honor be a dynamic duo!!
Our love,
Eric and Barbara Svenson
Lanie is so cute, I cant wait to meet her in real life. Im praying for her. I hope she liked the gift I gave her. please let her know my name. Please mrs. barbee E-mail me at noahnc6@yahoo.com to tell me how she is doing.
Noah Cartagena.
p.s. tell lanie i said hi
Lainie is is so beautiful and looks so happy. God is good! Praying for you all as you continue in your journey.
Carmi
Lainie is absolutely beautiful and happy. I am so glad all is going well for you all on your trip so far. God is good!
Carmi
Dear Bobby & Jennifer Trey Jillian & Will I am So Happy For you
Love,
Zachary & Brennan Broadaway
Dear Mrs.Barbee,
I really miss you.Little Lainie is so cute. I hopeyou and Bobby will be back soon.
Qestiouns:Is Lanie in good shape?
Love,
Montana MacPhee
i love the photo's i wish i could be at locust to see her but i can't but i wish u a happy life
your friend,
hailey allen
Post a Comment