It is Sunday morning here around 11:00am. We will be leaving shortly to head to the airport. We will be stopping by the hospital to pick up Lilly and her Dad. Then we are headed to G-zhou. We are so glad to be leaving here. I would ask each of you to have your churches say special prayers for Lilly when you go to church tomorrow. She is very, very, sick. She will go straight to the hospital in G-zhou when we land there. Please pray that they can get her well enough to be approved for a visa to leave on Thursday. When she lands in the US she will go straight to the hospital there as well. Please tell everyone you know to lift up the Bryant family.
Lainie continues to do well. She is very, very happy. She does continue to have a cough that concerns me somewhat. No fever, but just a loose cough. Jan, who is a nurse and brought her stethoscope, said that she can hear some "crackling" in her lungs but she didn't think it was anything to worry about yet. We may still check in with the hospital in G-zhou just for our peace of mind. She took the last of her Zithromax today.
We love you all and are so thankful for the prayers that you have said on our behalf. Today we do feel a little sad about leaving the province where Lainie was born. It makes me sad to think that not only her family, but also her country abandoned her. Praise the Lord though, that God does not abandon his children. As I've said before, there are no orphans of God.
Trey, Jillian, Will and all of the BIG Barbee/Russell bunch.... You have no idea how we long to see your faces at the airport. You better bring the Kleenex. You just can't imagine how this little girl will take your breath away. She is very outgoing so be ready to give her all of the hugs and kisses that you want!!!!!!
To our dear friends who have left such encouraging and touching comments, you will never know how much they have meant to us. In the US when we don't see you everyday, we know that you are just a phone call away if we need to talk. It has been difficult here to be so "friendless". We can't wait to see all of you too!!!
Signing off from Changsha.... more aware of God's grace and goodness than ever before.....
Bobby, Jen, Lainie and Mamaw

10 comments:
We all are keeping Lilly in our prayers so send our love to the Bryants and tell them that our church will be lifting their family and Lilly up in prayer. I am so sad that we can't be at the airport when you arrive, but we will be waiting for you all at mom's house. Give mom the heads up that nothing has happened to the bath, but I have rounded up the troops to get it started and done soon! Much love to all of you and I'm so grateful for what you have done for this little girl. What a gift you have given her...her own family...forever. God is truly good.
Love, "Aunt" Crystal
Thank you for the update on Lilly. We know Jan and David have not been able to update their blog and I am the one updating our church's prayer chain on Lilly and we were so wanting an update. Tell them we love them and are praying. Lainie is in our prayers too. Thanks for your wonderful care for Lainie and the Bryants!
love, Rebecca Sibley
I am in contant awe when I see pcitures of Lainie. You can see her happy heart through her smile!
Our prayers are with you as you travel to your next destination. The southernmost city will be praying for your guys and precious little lilly as well.
Hillary
Bobby, Jennifer and Mom...
As I was rocking Honor tonight I thought about how wonderful this stage of childhood is to both the parents and the children. For the parents, it is a time of PURE exhaustion, but more than that... PURE joy.. watching our children daily discover life and live every moment to the fullest. For the children, they are the center of attention and get to make everyone laugh and feel wonderful. I cannot wait to see all of you and FINALLY meet sweet Lainie. All of the pictures are just beautiful!!
I took Jillian shopping today, and she is now sporting a bright pink pair of Crocs. On the way home she said, "I just can't say thank you enough." It was very sweet. Bobby and Jen, You have raised beautiful children on the inside and out - I'm sure Lainie will be no exception - she is so blessed. All of your kids were great last night. We all stayed up late and, of course, had chocolate milk!!
I will probably not be at the airport unless your flight changes. I am in charge of the graduation / welcome home / and YES birthday celebration at the Barbee's. I also want to be at Ella's graduation.
Please, please tell the Bryants that I love them and have been praying for Lilly. I know they must want her in an American hospital ASAP. God can do and will do great things...
Well, I'll go for now. I hate to tell you we are having Lasagna at Nanny's tomorrow, I know it is one of all of your favorites... Ha Ha!! We will miss you!
Have fun in the new city!!
I Love All of You!!
Aunt Juju
PS Please tell mom hi and that Uncle Bud did very well in his surgery. Aunt Nanny called yesterday and asked about all of you, especially mom. Please tell her that her sister says "hi."
Jennifer, Bobby and Jackie,
I check for pictures everyday. They are precious!! I know you all are very tired and ready to be at home. We are ready to see you and Lainie. Jen, Ma Eve got the pictures to show on the screensaver on your computer in the room (on the activeboard of course). The kids are loving it when Lainie pops up!!HAHA I hope you can get her to school soon. Eve has printed off just about every picture of her and has them posted on the inside and outside of your room!! Well, EOG's are coming! Pray for us(and the kids) on Tues, Wed, and Thurs. We will be praying for a safe trip home for all of you. We miss you at school and can't wait to see you soon. Your family is so blessed to have this beautiful child and she is so blessed to have all of you as well!!
Love ya,
Mandi Summers
Hey, your kids are here with me tonight. Will and Ella are alseep in Ella's bed. Luke and Trey are still up at midnight! Jillian spent the night with someone from your church. Ella and Will and I counted down how many days until you all get home! Can't wait!
Love, Aunt Crystal
I'm so thankful for such a wonderful family...which is why I'm even happier for choosing to go to school at Wingate so I'll still be close to everyone. Bobby, Jen, and Mamaw I want you all to know that this entire experience has opened my eyes to so many things. God allows all things to happen for some reason; He is truly amazing. I can't walk in Lainie's room at your house without getting tears in my eyes. I think about growing up having all of my family around like I have and then I think about how Lainie is going to be so blessed to get to do the same. I'm definitly going to be coming to the airport to see you all, unless my mom says no (ya know how that is sometimes...i could be in China with you right now haha). Tomorrow your kids and I are going to be making something special for you all when you arrive home.
Lilly is always in my prayers, and Lainie is too.
I Love You All
Katie
I will mention it to Tim Hagler this morning as well as in Sunday School. I can't wait to see you all. Amy
Hey Bobby and Jen, Is there a way to communicate to you via e-mail; I know there is a link to your e-mail , but we did not know if you check that .Thanks!
Christy
WE are continuing to pray for Lainie and Lilly and are asking other groups to lift them up as well.
Bobby and Jennifer,
Sorry we missed your message this morning (Sun 5/20). Please try again at home or anytime on mobile if I can still help. We are keeping you all in our prayers. Love, Pam and Gregg
Post a Comment