I tried this morning to walk over to the school and get some good photos for you, but they have a very large gate with an alarm and they wouldn't even let me get close, so I had to come back to my hotel room and take them from the window. We are on the 11th floor so they are a little far away. The children at this school begin their day at 8am. They all walk to school. They go home for a two hour lunch break from about 12:30 until 2 and then they stay at school on most days until 6 or 7 o'clock. There isn't a set dismissal time, they just leave when their teacher finishes with them for the day. So, if you are the last one finished, you just stay there as long as it takes for you to complete your work.


You can't tell in this photo very well (above) but these boys were fighting. Reminded me of home.

Every little while music plays and they all line up to go back inside for more lessons.

Each morning the entire school comes out and they raise three flags. I think they are the flag of China, the flag for the Hunan Province and their school flag.

I will post more pictures in another post. I can only post five at a time. Right now it is 2:00 and I haven't eaten lunch yet, so I will post them later. Our guide found Subway for us today. I am SOOOO excited ! I know many of you are praying for Lainie. Here's what I would like for you to pray for: We are having a difficult time finding something that she likes to eat. Even the things that our guide orders for her that she should be used to eating she doesn't like it either. Right now she is just basically eating cheerios and rice. Thank you guys for caring so much about Lainie. She loves kids so she will love it when she comes to school to visit you. I will post more interesting China pictures soon. I love you !!!!!!! Mrs. Barbee
30 comments:
Hey,
I hope you all are doing good. We are continuing to pray for Lainie's adjustment. It will all come, she is just experiencing so much change right now. Try not to worry to much! Glad to see her with Bobby, but I am sure she is not use to seeing really big bald guys! In a short time she will love you both as if she always has! Your kids are coming home with me today after school. They are doing great, but I think they are really starting to miss you both! We are praying for Lilly too. Enjoy China and we will see you soon! Can you imagine our kids staying at school until 6 or 7?
Thanks for all the updates, I know it's not easy, but we all can't wait to hear from you and see pictures.
Love, "Aunt" Crystal
It is a treat each morning to open your update and read what is happening on the other side of the world. It is hard for me to grasp that you are there!! I am sure that being there is broadening you sense of God's kingdom and I look forward to hearing all that you have learned soon!!
Love, Christy
Dear Mrs. Barbee,
Thank you for the pictures of the school and all of the pictures and words you have sent to us. We miss you very much and can not wait to see Lainie. We hope you are having a good time with Lainie.
Questions:
Do the students go to school on Saturday or Sunday?
Do they have the same Fast Foods as USA?
Do the students wear uniforms?
How many students do you think attend this school?
Can you tell what they are playing outside?
We miss you and love you!
Mrs. Barbee's 4th Grade Homeroom...
(They are being very good for me...Mrs. Soots)
Hi Guys!
We look forward to getting your updates daily! We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet Lainie! She's beautiful! Joe misses you dearly, Jen! Sydney has been fascinated with getting updates on your blog! We love you and miss you guys tons!
The Hawkinson Family
dear mrs barbee thanks for the pictures i enjoyed them a lot i hope everything is all right in china. and i hope that lanie is all right just wanted to say hello from your student caseycagle
Dear Mrs.Barbee
We are having a great time with Mrs.Soots. Mrs.Barbee one more thing Lainie "ROCKS". Mrs.Barbee i hope you and Bobby and Lainie have a safe trip back home to see your other kinds.Cause i can,t wait to see you and Lainie at fild day.
FROM:COLBY ALAN PAGE
DearMiss.Barbee
we are having A great time here but we din't yestreday becase somebody wrote on miss.carpenters corbin we all had to walk but weget to play today he or she told the truth you are like a MOTHER to me good luck preay we do good on eog's lol have a safe trip back we all miss you YOU ARE IN MY HEART.
Qustions;have you gone mad yet
the YOU ARE MY HEART PART IS MINE
LOVE
JOSH
Hi guys,
Just wanted to let you know that we are praying daily for you all. Jane Ellen gave me the blog and I just wanted you all to know how proud we are of you all. Hopefully Lainie will adjust quickly after all the changes settle down. God said that all we must do is call on his name and he will give us strength, peace and love. We are calling on his name for you daily.
Love
Ashley and the gang
Dear Mrs. Barbee,
How are you doing? We really miss you. Lainie is so cute and adorable. We are praying for Lilly. We can not wait to see Lainie at school. We hope that Lainie continues to do well.
Questions:
Were you scared flying?
Why does the school have gates and alarms?
What did the ocean look like?
Do they study the same subjects we do?
We love and miss you...
3rd & 4th grade...Mrs. Summer's Homeroom
Good morning (afternoon,evening?)I'm not sure what it is there??? We are soooo excited for all of you! Lanie is just simply beautiful and so lucky to have such a GREAT family! We are all praying for you and your safe return! Karen, Steve, Zac, Maddie & Aidan!
It's even cool for me to get to see children at school half way around the world. You never think about kids having a schedule very different from the one we are use to. I've been helping Eve and mom some at school and when one of your classes came in from connect they all looked at Lainie's pictures on the screen and said "awwww". It was really sweet.
Can't wait till you all return home.
Katie
I just wanted to let you know that I love being able to keep up with your trip via your webblog. I check it each morning when I turn on the computer. Lainie is adorable!! I can't wait to meet her in person someday:) Let the Bryant's know I'm praying for Lilly!! We received our TA yesterday, so we'll get to travel to pick up our daughter, Sarah Mei, (Lainie and Lilly's "China sister") in June. Praise God!! We'll continue to pray for safe travel mercies and continued bonding and good health. Elaine Horton
Hey guys!! It is great to finally see Lainie!! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! We are praying for you all and hope you have a SAFE trip back to the US. See you soon.
Michelle and Heidi Smith
Hello everyone!! Jennifer I had to let you know that we received a letter in the mail today from Dr Depaul that Kayla had been chosen to represent Locust Elementary School as the Superintendent's Student of the Year, I am so proud of her and I know you will be to. We are continuing to pray for all of you and for Lilly also. How is Jackie doing? Tell her we miss her! And, Bobby--how adorable!!!! just wait until she realizes what a wonderful daddy she has, I think she knows what a wonderful mom she has already. She is so blessed to have such a wonderful loving, christian family. We cant wait for you all to get back we miss you guys dearly!!
In Christ Love,
Denise
Dear Mrs. Barbee,
Thank you remembering us. How is Lainie doing? Is she eating better? We miss you very much. How was your Subway Sandwich.... How is Bobby doing, we really liked his picture in the airport. We are glad Lainie likes him a little...
Questions:
Why do they put a fence around the school?
How long do the student get to stay outside?
Would they let you go into the school if you ask?
Are the people in China Nice?
We love and miss you very very very much....
Your 3rd Grade Carpenter's Homeroom Class....
I miss you so much!!! I cannot wait to see Lainie in person. She did not look real happy with Bobby but I guess if I had always been with 3 nanny women I would not be happy either. I am sure she will adjust quickly. I am still praying for you!
Love,
Kayla
Hey guys,
I agree with Crystal that Lainie will adjust soon enough but we also continue to pray for you all each day. We pray that she will get accustomed soon. It means so much to everyone here to get your updates and pictures each day and be able to pray for the whole group of you.
Bobby dont take it personally that Lainine is shy with you because you are such a big guy but when she gets to know that big heart she will love you like the rest of us. We ait on your safe return!!
James Inman
Hey Mrs. Barbee Lainie is so cute!!
It's making my Mom want a baby!
We miss you a bunch!
Love you,
Kaley Carpenter
Jennifer -
We are still praying for Lainie and a smooth transition. Everyone looks so happy. She gets prettier each day!! I can't wait to see her in person! The kids miss you so much - we do too!!
Love ya!
Lynn :)
Dear Mrs. Barbee
I miss you a lot.
Is Lainie have fun with you and Bobby?I cant want to see Lainie.I hope when lainie comes here she will like the food here.
Love,Jessica Lopez
Hey Bobby and Jennifer! We've enjoyed following your journey and seeing your new pictures each day. Thank you for taking the time to share this experience with all of us! It's exciting each day to look for updates!
We're glad to see Lainie bonding with both of you. Hope she continues to stay healthy and that you find food that she likes soon! You are in our prayers... hurry home! :)
Love, Nathan and Sherri
I received your web address in an email from "Aunt" Crystal. How exciting!! Lainie is precious. The McCarthy's are praying for your safe return with Lainie.
Gwen McCarthy
Hello to you guys, We were so thrilled to see your pictures and to hear how things are going. Lainie is absolutely beautiful, and it is so great to see how God has answered your prayers!! It is amazing how Big our God is and how this baby was born to be in the Barbee family!! Kennedy's North Stanly softball team played Jillian's team tonight, and we were all pulling for Jillian! She had a great hit, and played very well. She also caught a fly ball! Kennedy said she wished Jillian was on her North Stanly team. We just wanted to let you all know we are praying for you and Lainie and we can't wait to see her!! We are also praying for Lilly and her family and wish them well. Lea Anne and I read your blog today at work and cried through the entire thing. Enjoy the rest of your trip, and know that you are being prayed for daily!!
In Christ, Ryan and Cheri Hathcock and Dylan and Kennedy
(I wonder if Lanie will be a softball player too!! )
Will and Ella were at Juju's house tonight during Trey's and Luke's game. Abi said she was so happy to have her "friends" at her house. (Ballgames aren't very exciting when you are chasing around Honor, so I decided to provide the babysitting service.) As Will was digging in the sand pile at our new house, he said, "Look, I am digging to China." When he made one big scoop I made an ouch sound and told him he must have scraped his daddy shiny head!! He thought it was funny. After playing in the sand, all of us moved to the sprinkler then the warm bathtub. I had all 4 kids in it at once. Bobby, you will be happy to know that Will refused to wear my Carolina t-shirt to bed. He said, "I don't want to wear a tarheel shirt!" So, I found a red one, and he put it right on. Jennifer, I loved the school pictures today. Wouldn't it be awesome if you could go inside those walls?? Mom, I needed you to call last night. It was great hearing your voice. I would love for you to get Honor and Lainie matching outfits from China, so I can make their picture when Lainie gets home.
I miss all of you,
Julie
Dear mrs.barbee
I hope Lainies mate gets better.
we miss you
brandon
mcnaught
Dear Mrs.barbee
are you doing good? I wish you were still here.
I miss you so much. Bye Mrs.Barbee
Love George
We miss you very much! Lainie is so cute! We can not wait to see you! We are having fun with Mrs.Soots. We are praying for you and we wish you a safe trip home.
Love,
Nicole Bates and Kayla Chapman
We miss you very much! Lainie is so cute! We can not wait to see you! We are having fun with Mrs.Soots. We are praying for you and we wish you a safe trip home.
Love,
Nicole Bates and Kayla Chapman
We miss you very much! Lainie is so cute! We can not wait to see you! We are having fun with Mrs.Soots. We are praying for you and we wish you a safe trip home.
Love,
Nicole Bates and Kayla Chapman
Post a Comment