Our day began early with breakfast in the hotel. I was able to have somewhat American-ized hashbrowns and bacon. At 8:30 our group left the hotel together and traveled first to Tian An Men Square. Our guide, Tom, is very knowledgeable and his English is excellent, so we learned much about the Chinese history. We left there and moved onto the Forbidden City. I want explain now why it has that name, I am much too tired. It was beautiful. Then we went to a Jade Factory where we learned about the process of carving Jade and how to tell if Jade is authentic. Of course, we bought a few keepsake pieces. The Great Wall was our final sightseeing experience for the day. Pictures and words just don't do it justice. The walk was much steeper than I imagined and it is much more massive than you can tell in the photos. I just kept thinking in my head, " I can't believe I am standing on The Great Wall of China." We stopped on the way home and had dinner. The entree was duck, which I passed on. We ended our night with a time of prayer in the Bryants' room. We each prayed for our own children and for each other's children.... that tomorrow would go smoothly, that the children's hearts would be prepared for our families and that we would know how best to comfort them during their grief. We leave here at 7am for the airport. Our flight to Changsha doesn't leave until 11:10 but some others in the group who are going to different provinces have earlier flights. We arrive in Changsha at 1:35. We think we will go to the hotel first and then meet Lainie at the Civil Affairs Office around 3 or so. Below are some pictures from the day.....
Tian An Men Square - Olympic Countdown

The Great Wall



I'll try to post more pictures later. We should have more free days once we get to Changsha. Of course, then we will have a toddler, so we'll see how it goes. We do have some great photos that I can't wait for you to see. Eventhough, I know all everyone is really interested in is seeing the photos of Lainie.
Our travel group is great. We have laughed alot together. I'm sure that we will all be lifelong friends. God has really blessed us with some great traveling partners in this journey.
Trey, Jillian and Will.... We love you very much and we are glad to hear that things are going great. You are having so much fun with aunts, uncles and friends. Can you at least pretend you missed us when we get back ? Haha. We love you and we think of you every single minute. Tomorrow we will give your new sister lots of love and kissed for you. She should be with us by the time you wake up on Monday morning. Tell Michelle to check the blog right after school and maybe I will have had a chance to post some pictures. Good night from the other side of the world.
Mom
36 comments:
Hey guys!
It's great to see your pictures, looks like you're having a wonderful time. I can't believe in a few hours you will have Lainie. Once again, we are so happy for you! We miss you and are praying for you everyday.
The Hatleys
Happy Mother's Day to one of my favorite peopple in the world! Thanks for the talks, advice and prayers over the years that we have not only been friends but have become moms! Looking forward to many more! You are the best looking expectant mom I have seen:0). Love you Jen!
Can't wait to wake up and check this blog tomorrow am.
Tammy Heuts
Hello Bobby & Jennifer!! It's Paul & Melinda. It's so great to see your pictures and read all about your journey. We miss you guys and think of you often. Jennifer...I'm sure this will probably be the most memorable Mother's Day ever :)
We love you guys!
Paul & Melinda Graham
Hey Bobby, Jen & Mom, "Happy Mother's Day"! It's great being able to read what you guys are doing each day. We had the boys yesterday, Saturday, and they were great. We were at the ballfield from 9:30 am until 3:00 pm. We haven't done that in a long time. I put Will in the bath tub about 6:00 pm and washed his hair. I wanted to trim on it abit, but he wanted no part of that! Then we went to Wendy's to get us a frosty, but Will wanted fries and tea. Don't worry about the kids, they are well taken care of. I guess on our Monday morning you will aready have Lainie! We're so excited for you. Take care and we are praying for a great (& easy)transition for Lainie. With much love!
Tammy & Trent
HI, Bobby and Jennifer
I know this is exciting!!! Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you and praying for you all. Can't wait to see the whole BARBEE BUNCH when you return!!!
Love,
Curtis, Pam, Courtney and Wesley
Happy Mother's Day. I'm sure this has been an awesome Mother's Day for you; but, then you are an awesome mother.
Papa Ron and I are fine but we miss
you. We enjoyed the picture of little Jen at the Great Wall!
We love you and keep you in our prayers. Love, Mom
I know you guys can't wait to get it over with and meet Lainie. We feel the excitment with you guys and hope all goes well. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Take care,
Gary
What amazing photos!! You look like you are having so much fun! Happy Mother's Day and we will be anticipating seeing the newest Barbee in the morning! Love you guys!
Christy
China looks amazing, even in pictures! I know you all are having a wonderful time. I have been praying for your union with little Lainie tomorrow and I cannot wait to see the pictures. What a blessing this all is from our wonderful Lord. We are anxiously waiting for you and our new cousin to be back home soon.
Happy Mother's Day Mamaw and Jennifer!
We love you!
Jodi and Timothy
First, Happy Mother's Day!!
Secondly, the pictures are great. Looks like you had a beautiful day for touring!
Well it is 8:30 here, so 8:30AM in China, so you are probably at the airport. You are so close to Lainie!!! I can't wait to wakeup and see pictures. I pray that the gotcha moment goes well and that Lainie bonds with y'all. C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E.. it's Lainie day!!!
How very exciting and what beautiful pictures!! Very soon you will be able to put your arms around Lainie! Yeah!
We cannot wait to see the pictures and are keeping you close in our hearts and prayers.
Hillary
I reallly do wish I was there with yall!!! Looks like you are having a wonderful time. I'm excited about waking up tomorrow and knowing that my new little cousin is finally with her family.
Love You All
Katie
Only a few hours now for you until the big moment! Prayers are being lifted up for your initial bonding!
Kristi
Hey,
I barely slept last night knowing you were going to see Lainie for the first time. I would wake up, pray and go back to sleep. I think I did this all night. At least you were prayed up. I can't wait to see pictures and hear how things are going. China looks amazing! The kids are doing fine. Luke and Trey's game was stormed out Saturday so another Make-up! Tell mom hello and I will check in with you later!
Love, "Aunt" Crystal
Happy Mothers Day and Happy Fathers Day to you both!! Today is the day!! God Bless you all. Trey did such a great job singing at open day at the park. I know you all would have been so proud of him. He knew the words and sang his little heart out. We look forward to seeing you all home safe and sound soon. Michelle and the kids and I are praying for the four of you to come home soon. We love you all.
Hi, Mom, Dad and Mammaw,
My homeroom says hello. We read your blog this morning and plan to do so daily until you return. Tell Lainie hello. I hope everything is going good. I miss you and love you! Trey and friends.
Margaret: I hope you have a good trip.
Macy: Hey, hope you are doing good and hope to see you back soon. I will keep you in my prayers.
Brett: I hope Lainie is happy and healthy. My family is praying for you.
We are praying for you! JEH
By the time you read this, you'll be a new mom and dad!! I can't wait to see more pictures. Also, congratulations Jackie on your new granddaughter. She is a lucky girl to have two great families to love and support her. Be careful in your journey and have lots of fun with Lainie! See you when you return.
Todd H.
We are elated to see a dream come full circle. Seeing the three of you in that picture took me back to a time when I promised my friend "I'll pray...." God is sooo good! Then to see the "picture" of all 4 Barbee kids together took my breath away- knowing soon you'll all be together enjoying one another. Bobby and Jennifer we pray for you both and miss you! Looking forward to seeing you soon. Until then.....
Love,
Rodney, Sherry & Raelee
hello mrs barbee its me casey how are you doing i saw the pictures you sent the class lanie is so cute. i miss you and i hope every things all right i prayed for you and scott and lanie i cant wait to see you.i love you.
DEAR Mrs.Barbee
I miss you so so so much Lainie is so CUTE. I hope you are haveing a great time. We are haveing a ball! With Mrs. Soots.I can't wait to see her& heres the biggest question are you haveing FUN? If you'er porply crazy! But I think you are so we don't have to worry about that! BYE I have to go!
Love Haley Bates
DEAR Mrs.Barbee
I miss you so so so much Lainie is so CUTE. I hope you are haveing a great time. We are haveing a ball! With Mrs. Soots.I can't wait to see her& heres the biggest question are you haveing FUN? If you'er porply crazy! But I think you are so we don't have to worry about that! BYE I have to go!
Love Haley Bates
Dear mrs.barbee
I missyou more than you Know
the class got mad when you siad that the fight
remide you of home love ya
bymason
Dear Mrs.Barbee,
I hope you are having fun at China.I really want you to come back with Lainie.We really miss you a whole bunch!!!!!!!!!!!Did lainie like the M'c.Donalds?I think Lainie is SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well got to go.
Love always
BRANDON AL-QOLAQ
DEAR MRS.BARBEE
I HOPE YOU ARE SO SO HAPPY BECAUSE YOU HAVE
LAINY WILL MISS AT SCHOOL.
KARINA
DEAR Mrs.Barbee we miss you so much we won"t you to come and vist us with Laine at theLast day of school.Did Laine like Macy D"s. That was funny when Bobby slept in Chicago. Has Lanie cryed alot since
you got her.
Love Cameron Downer
Hi Mrs. Barbie I hope bobby is geting along with Lainie. In the pichers Lainie look's happy.
Dear Mrs.Barbee
I hope you are having so much fun.
NicoleP.
Dear Mrs.Barbee...
Are you haveing fun!
I hope you and Lanie get along good!!!!!
How is lanie doing.
Luke p
Mrs.Barbee I think Lainie is relly cute.I,m geting better on my writing . I RELLY miss you.I can,t what untell we get to see you and Lainie .Well it,s almost time to go ILL seen a nother comment next time.
love,Maegan Tucker
Hello!Hope you are having a great time in China.I saw the new pictures of Lainie at mcdonalds .She probably was singing I'm lovin it!
Bye!
Meg Ball
Hey Mrs.Barbee!This is me and Haley B.We really liked your pictures and hope to see you soon.Now for Haley.I hope you like your message from last time. That was a funny picture of Lainie eating at Mc Donadles.Ba ba ba ba, I'm loven it!!!
Jennifer Little & Haley Bates
P.S. We miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dear mrs barbee laina is a dorbai she is the sweet is thanig aver seen love mckenzie russ
Was up Mrs. Barbee This is Joe H and Marcus B. We cant wait until u get home. We hope you are doing good in China. Nelly birding bye, By Joe H and Marcus B
Mrs.Barbee in your last message I forgot to put the word not in one of the sentences.
Thats me Haley B. my mistake.
Dear Mrs.Barbee
I miss you so much! how are you doing? I just saw the new picthers tha are so cute. I am praying for Lilly and Lainie she is so cute.
(I LOVE YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE THE BEST)
LOVE HAYLEY MORTON
Dear Mrs Barbee,
I miss you so much!!!!!! How aer you doing?Igust saw
the new pictures they are so cute!!! I am PRAYING
Lilly.I hope that ever thing will go fine when Lainie gos to the dorters!!
LOVE MICHAELANN
Post a Comment