Guangzhou is the last stop for all American families adopting from China. On Shamian Island most adoptive families stay here at The White Swan Hotel so it feels a little bit like home. Everyone in the restaurants speak English so we are no longer guessing about what we are eating. Their are also western toilets - but that is another story.
Today we had Mia's medical exam. She got six shots, but she was a tough girl. She only cried for the very last one and it was just a few tears. On Monday we will have her TB test read. Sometimes they are false positive here and a chest x-ray is required. Please pray that her test is clear so we have no chest xray to go through. The TB test is the reason that we must stay here a week. It is a new requirement since we were here in 2007 with Lainie.
There is a small park here that we enjoyed today. Mia can run!! She ran from one thing to another and back again and again and again. I think she was just as glad as we were to finally have a place where she could run and play.
Below are some pics of our last day in Xian when we toured the Bell Tower as well as some pics from the city. Please note that it was not a cloudy day. The haziness you see is smog. Yuck. No wonder we are sick. The last pictures are from today in the park. Tomorrow we visit the Chen Family Temple and the Guangzhou Arts and Crafts Fair.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
a typical Chinese apartment
.jpg)
Doesn't every girl deserve a daddy to hold her up to the monkey bars?
.jpg)
Guangzhou is fun, but I am still counting the hours until I can wrap my arms around my four kids at home. I love you! Less than a week to go!

12 comments:
Wow, what a journey. We have checked the blog daily and can't wait to meet Mia in person. So many prayers have been answered because she looks very happy with her new family. Be safe and we will see you soon.
The Buffs
One step closer to HOME~ enjoy your time in GZ! I love seeing Mia's beautiful smile each day!
Glad you made it to GZ safely! So sorry that she had to get so many shots...I wish out government officials could sit in that medical exam office and watch all of these precious children go through these new requirements...so unfair! Anyway, I'll be praying for NEGATIVE TB results! There is nothing impossible with our great God! Enjoy your time in GZ! Mia is simply adorable!
It is great that she is doing so good you and bobby look so happy ,I will continue to pray that everything goes well on the plane ride home, and also with the TB test good luck.
Rachel Huneycutt ( medical pharmacy of locust)
I love seeing the photos of Mia with the two of you!! Enjoy the Starbucks in Guangzhou...our favorite spot next to the breakfast buffet at the White Swan. We are continuing to pray for sweet Mia and your children at home. Blessings!
Glad you are in Guangzhou now. Still wish I was there to sip a latte with you, but at least this way I got to follow your entire trip...
Sorry for sweet Mia's shots. Six in one day is just plain cruel! Enjoy the rest of your time.
Praying for negative TB test results (Caleb's second test was negative this week, so relieved, for months now we thought we were going to have to do the nine month treatment) and for continued trust and bonding!
Hey aunt jen, uncle bobby,and cousin Mia So glad to see new pics.Thanks for updating.I am still praying for ya'll more and more each day.Tell everyone hello.i can not wait until ya'll get home to see your youngins and family Love ya even more Katie
Mia looks like she is doing so good! You are almost home. Will be praying for a negative TB test.
My goodness, what a beauty! She truly is a beautiful child. It does look like she had an amazing lip repair. It looks like her transition is coming along already. That's wonderful. Praying for a smooth time in GZ and then lots of lovin' for sweet Mia when she is home with her siblings. She's going to love being greeted by those beautiful faces!
Mia is beautiful!!! We loved the White Swan, We left the day you came. (: We were traveling with the Starnes family (: Small World.
Mia looks more like a Barbee every time I see her!!
Christy
Two more days in Daytona and we are headed home to see your arrival home and meet Mia. We are praying for you every day. Jillian and I are going shopping on Thursday... We love you!! Mia is beautiful!!
The Svensons
Post a Comment