2.10.2010

Liuhua Park

Today we visited the beautiful Liuhau Park. It was a gorgeous sunny day with a high in the mid 70s. (Sorry to all of you who are freezing at home). The park gave us a chance to walk around and relax most of the morning. The park was full of beautiful flowers, bamboo and bonsai trees. We got a chuckle because people had carved messages in the bamboo just like they do in trees here. There was also a Chinese tea house where we had a demonstration of how different Chinese teas are prepared.


This afternoon we had our consulate appointment and took the oath. We enjoyed talking with several families there who are adopting older children. It is very moving to see a large roomful of orphans standing with their new parents who are promising to be their forever family.

When we left Xi'an we told Mia we would be coming to the zoo in Guangzhou. Finally tomorrow the zoo is on our agenda for the morning. Mia is VERY excited! I hope to make one last post tomorrow before we leave here on Friday morning. I'm posting the flight info after the pics in case I don't get to it tomorrow.

Enjoy the pics of the beautiful park.....
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Flight Info:


All of these flights take place on Friday - but with the time change we are actually traveling more than just one day.

China Southern Guangzhou to Pu Dong Airport - Shanghai 9:30am - 11:50 am

Continental Airlines Flight CO 0086 Shanghai to Newark, NJ - 4:55pm (China Time) to 6:30pm (US time)

Continental Airlines Flight CO 3070 Newark to Charlotte 9:00pm - 10:58pm

** We need your prayers during the layover in Newark - we have 2 1/2 hours to get our baggage, go through immigration (takes awhile as this is where Mia will become a US citizen, and customs). We are on the last flight to Charlotte for the night and we do NOT want to miss it.

14 comments:

Our family said...

Hey aunt Jen,Uncle Bobby,and cousin Mia,I am soooo glad Mia and ya'l are going to the park[at least 1 thing to enjoy before getting on the plane]I love ya'll Hope you have a safe trip home Love katie

Amy said...

It sure looks like you all are having a great time. I will be praying for a smooth journey home and that you make all your connections. 2 1/2 hours should be plenty of time.
Blessings,
Amy

Kristi said...

Praying already for you guys to make it through in time! On our last trip the only reason we did is that the Charlotte flight was delayed about an hour. Never been so happy to see the words "Delay" beside a flight of mine before!
Mia seems to become more relaxed with you guys every day. Enjoy the zoo!

Anonymous said...

Have a safe flight back. May the ride be smooth and Mias heart filled with joy.

Robin said...

Jen,
We flew Continental to Newark and made it through immigration and customs in 1 1/2 hours. You should have plenty of time. Newarks immigration was so much faster then Chicago's. We were on the same flight last week back to Charlotte.

Amanda said...

The park is beautiful - What a neat experience! I can't believe you are on the other side of the world. Mia certainly is a pretty little girl! We will pray for a safe trip home without any missed flights.

Mario and Lisa said...

Praying for your flights and connections. Thanks for blogging. It has been a joy to watch your journey and pray for you.
Lisa (CWA Mommy)

Elaine said...

Bobby and Jen,
You might want to consider having one of you go through customs with the luggage while the other one goes through immigration with Mia. We did that in Chicago a few weeks ago, and it saved us at least an hour. We just met up at the gate after each going through our respective gates.
We'll pray for a smooth journey and a sweet homecoming!!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for your safety as you travel home and as you join your family together...We love you.
Tammy, Anna, & Harrison

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful park. I hope Mia enjoyed herself at the zoo!!!Praying for you as you prepare to travel. Praying for smooth travels and on-time connections. I know that you can't wait to get home


Many blessings,
Kathleen

Jeanette said...

Congrats on the oath!!! Wahoo!!!!

Glad you had such a great day at the park and tea house and will visit the zoo tomorrow! I'm sure that will be such a fun time for Mia!

Praying that all the details for the trip home will be worked out and that you will be able to make each connecting flight without any delay or hassle! Enjoy your last days in GZ!

Our family said...

Can't believe my Katie knew you updated and did not share this info. w/ her mother as I am just seeing this now at 8 PM : ) I know you are ecstatic to be so close to home. We will be praying for all of your flights and for all of you to get some rest on those long flights!

Michelle Grubbs said...

Praying for a safe trip home...I can't wait to see Ms. Mia

Anonymous said...

I have had you all in my heart these last few days especially. Sorry to miss the airport arrival, but I hope to hear your voice this weekend!
Love you ,
Christy