4.08.2007

A busy, busy week...

This week has been a whirlwind. We received our travel approval on Monday. Along with it came another load of paperwork so once again our dining room table was covered in documents. The most important piece was our visa applications. We filled those out and had them sent by the end of the week.

Will had kindergarten registration on Tuesday night. I can't believe he is old enought to start school. He must have grown up when I wasn't looking.

This week we did get Lainie's room almost completed. The room is now pink and she has a place to sleep, but we still have the finishing touches to add.

Our niece, Honor, got to try out her crib first when she spent the night with us last weekend. She and Lainie are just a few months apart and I know they will be great friends.

On Wednesday, my coworkers gave me a wonderful baby shower. I was so thrilled to get so many nice gifts. We now have a carseat - so we can bring Lainie home from the airport. I am also looking forward to using the stroller when we are ready to meet and greet everyone in our neighborhood.

On Thursday night, we met the Bryant family at the Olive Garden in Charlotte. It was great to finally meet them face to face. They are adopting Lilly, who is in the same orphange as Lainie. She also has the same special need. We are just amazed by how much our families have in common. They are waiting on their travel approval. As long as they receive it by April 17, they will be able to travel with us. We are so glad that God put them in our path. We know that our girls will have a life long connection.


This week promises to be busy too. There is just so much to do before Lainie arrives. I am determined though, that we will take some time this week while we are out of school to just relax and enjoy being a family. I know things are going to be very different after Lainie arrives. Different in a good way, but definitely different!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On Sunday when the blanket from the prayer shawl ministry was blessed and given to you all for Lainie, it was so hard to keep my composure; as it has been many times reading this blog. Anyone can see how from the heart and from God this whole journey has been. I've seen my friend evolve from being a 'PK' to someone that can stand in the pulpit easily on her own. I've enjoyed watching this come to fruition; thanks for allowing me to tag along. I'm looking forward to the rest of the ride.