
The signs are everywhere. Bookbags have replaced the pool bags that hung in the mudroom. Football helmets and pads are scattered around where life vest and waterguns were once strewn. Homework has replaced random artwork and life is moving at a much faster pace. We've said goodbye to summer and I miss it already.
BUT, another school year has begun and I wouldn't be completely truthful if I didn't admit that by the end of summer I am longing for a little routine and structure after the laziness of summer. That of course, only lasts about two weeks into the year and then I'd do just about anything for a lazy summer day thrown in somewhere. Yet - there is a season for everything right? Time moves on.
Trey is in 8th grade. How did this happen? The school where I teach is K-8 so I have the rare priviledge of keeping an eye on him still (nobody tell him I'm watching okay?) Recently when I was giving him a "talking to" about something he needed to do, I noticed that I was REALLY having to look up at him. I quickly had him to sit down. I'll be doing that from now on. Jillian is in 5th grade and sometime over the summer what was left of the "little" girl in here disappeared. She's now a full blown "pre-teen". Will - ah Will still the baby in my eyes. I know that one day all too soon I will blink and he will no longer be the baby that I still see when I look at him. I so admire the way that he lives life. When I was worried about him and was a little concerned that none of his close friends were in his class, his former teacher reminded me that Will is his own party wherever he goes. And she's right. He's just fine wherever he goes. I should be more so myself. Lainie is happy to be back at the sitters. She's been asking about them all summer. We are so blessed to have a loving place for her to stay. In her mind and in her heart they are another set of grandparents. God is so good.
We still wait for Mia. This week we received notice that a vital piece of our paperwork had been received and was being processed. We expect our fingerprint appt within the week -then we should get our final approval papers. This is the final piece of our dossier (massive paperwork bundle) that goes to China. We are so ready to have the dossier in the mail. Our agency is trying to get an update on Mia's growth and development. So far they haven't had much success being able to contact the orphanage. We've given them some questions to ask about her daily life. I'm hoping we will hear something soon. The info that we have is from 11-08.
We are also blessed to have a dear, dear friend who has put together a raffle and a dinner to help raise funds for our travel costs. She and others who are helping her have just been amazing!!!! God has provided what we needed just as we needed it. We've learned not to look too far down the road, but to trust him for what we need this day. It has been quite a faith building experience. Our prayer has been that in the end we will be able to tell all who will listen of how this adoption was not possible for us financially had He not come through for us. So far we are just amazed by how He has provided.
When I was looking for a verse for Mia, I was drawn to Hebrews 10:23. I've quoted it in almost every post. Each day I am aware of how fitting the verse is to our circumstance. I am confident that it was His nudge that led me to this verse and it is His voice that I hear speaking to me when I read it each day. I hope that one day it will be part of Mia's testimony. May she one day "hold unservingly to the hope we possess, for He who promised is faithful." Heb 10:23

1 comment:
I pray for you guys that you will get updated information soon! I understand that urgency as our last info is from February 08!
Glad to see that you are continuing to move forward in your paperwork process. I keep you guys in prayer!
Happy fall to you!
Post a Comment