9.15.2009

New Pictures of Mia!!

We'd been asking our agency to try to get some updated information on Mia.  They have been trying for quite a long while and finally got the right person. There are 4 pictures - this one is my favorite.  The rest are very similiar.  She has already grown up so much from the first picture.  We are sooo ready to see this girl in some girly pink! 
I talked to our I800A case manager on Monday and he thinks we will have our approval by the end of the week.  What does that mean?  Well, that approval is the final piece of paperwork for our dossier.   After we get each piece authenticated by the North Carolina Secretary of State, and the Chinese Consulate in Washington, DC- THEN - we can send our dossier to our agency for their approval - THEN - we can send it to China and wait for them to accept it all. Which, I am told will take about 3 months.  THEN - we can expect to travel in 2 months.  So, still many steps to go - but I'll be so glad when this paperwork is out of my hands.  You can join us in praying that this will all happen without a glitch and that we will be able to travel in record speed (a feat that only God has control over).... Actually, he's in control of it all - all the time. 

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm praying with you that things wrap up in the next week! Too bad you don't have a day off from school anytime soon, you could drive up for same day authentication at the state level and we could hang out...
(That was one advantage to living here now!)
Anyway, while there is a wait, at least you'll soon be moving from the "chasing" stage to the "waiting" stage!

Kristi said...

oh, and I forgot ~ the new look is GREAT! Did you do it yourself?

Pam said...

He is control, oh yes He is!

Love your new photo of Miss Mia! What a lovely girl.

BKicklighter said...

I missed it somewhere, but how old is Mia now?
It's all so exciting!!