All these little souls needing love. Sometime the solution seems so simple to me. We are the solution. The solution God has provided is adoption. But yet, it doesn't happen for some. It often doesn't happen for those who need it the most. Those who will die because they don't have a family to get them a heart surgery, or AIDS medication, or food. Those who will age out as teens and turn to prostitution or suicide.
And while I am delighted that I have two daughters that are healed from that pain and spared that plight, I realize that I cannot save them all.... And today is one of those days that I am saddened in the deepest places of my heart. Saddened for all the Mias and Lainies that make up that 147 million. All those who want to be loved. Simply loved. And it will never, ever happen for them.





4 comments:
Oh Jen, us too, us too...
We are on the same page... thanks for writing it eloquently. Hope there will be a few more kids with families after you and your husband share at the rotary club. May God use you mightily!
Oh I know what you mean. It hurts my heart. Thank you for expressing it so well! Praying you will speak your heart and God will open ears, minds and hearts!
Yes, I don't think the desire will ever leave the hearts once we know and see the need. We really can't be done advocating/adopting while there are orphans on this earth. Praying that more Christians would answer the call of James 1:27. I would love to share you post, would that be ok?
Also, I forgot to email you. We got our i800a approval on 10/21 and it arrived in our mailbox on 10/27. Then we had it cer./authen. and we should be dtc tomorrow. Did you get yours yet?
Post a Comment