I'd just rather spend my time sipping cocoa and snuggling on the couch with my kiddos.
I did manage to get the tree up - the kids did the decorating. We also hung the stockings and the greenery on the porch lights.
Lainie did her job of putting out the manger. Can you tell she's been to kindergarten this year? All of the onlookers at the manger are standing in perfect little rows.
We also had two Christmas Card photo sessions. One for each side of the family. The picture taking itself isn't all that fun, but the memories it captures are priceless for years to come.
Hope your Christmas is getting geared up - I'm trying not to rush through it so that we can be closer to having Pearl home. Daily I have to tell myself to live in the present rather than letting my thoughts be consumed with the when and how and other details of our pending adoption. Some days are easier than others.




2 comments:
Oh I am right there with you! I want to simplify, simplify simplify! ANd I miss my baby still in China!!!! Blessings!
Amy Hatcher
Blessings to you all and love the last photo. I totally agree with you about the decorating thing. I just don't have it in me to do it all this year but enough that it feels like Christmas. Blessings and love!
Post a Comment