12.03.2009

Yesterday...

Yesterday it happened.  I let myself feel it all.  I have been cautiously holding back from letting my heart totally feel all of the emotions that this waiting process can intell.  I have almost refused to look too deeply into the brown eyes that look so sad in the photos of Mia we've received.  I've refused to look at those little hands and imagine them holding mine.  I've refused to imagine what her life might be like while she waited for us.  I've just not let myself go there.  Until yesterday.  I sat at the computer and looked into that sweet face and studied every detail and felt every emotion that comes when a child you haven't met, yet love already, is waiting for you on the other side of the ocean.  It was then that I noticed her shoes.  They are only visible in one of the photos, and it is the first time I'd really looked at them.  They say alot about her plight.  This mama can't wait to buy her little girl some new shoes.  Shoes that show she is forgotten no more.

Today our agency received our letter of acceptance.  Maybe my heart knew yesterday that it was on the way.

The shoes aren't totally visible here, but just take my word for it.  She needs new shoes.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

So well said! I relate so well...

Vicki said...

Congratulations! I too know how you feel. In Lily's picture she is wearing flipflops that you know they put on her just for the picture. She has bug bites all over her feet. And when I find her in other pictures she never even has shoes on
Vicki
http://www.pomafamily.blogspot.com
P.S. Did you get the paperwork done?

Jennifer O'Cain said...

I am so happy that in the midst of the longing your LOA arrived.

Blessings- Jennifer

Jean said...

What a precious and beautiful little girl who so needs her new Momma!! I am so happy for you! Wow- 42 days that is incredible!!