![]() |
| No more goatee. Trying to look as "normal" as possible for Mary. |
When Jennifer and I traveled to bring home Lainie, Mia and Pearl, you had the privilege of reading Jennifer do our blog and post great pictures of our beautiful children and the places where they were born and grew. On the trip for Mary, you get me!!! I am not the greatest writer, not the greatest photographer and not the greatest planner of our duo, but I am all you have this time.
As our family grew and grew and grew, we knew that when God placed Mary into our home, our other children needed a parent home during the trip to China. We drew straws and I lost, or did I win? I did win. I am loving the idea of seeing Mary for the first time. My prayer is that she sees my big, bald head and clean shaven face and falls madly in love with her Daddy. I know she will.
27 years ago today, my wife, at 17 years of age, won a familiar pageant in Oakboro, NC. After the pageant, I was hoping to see her and ask her on a date. After looking for her for what seemed like forever, I saw her getting into her families car. Thinking this would be my one and only shot at a date, I ran as fast as I could through the parking lot and thankfully tracked her down. I asked her to go out that night and she said YES!!! Twenty seven years, and 6+1 children later, I am so thankful she said yes!!!!
We laugh sometimes about where God has taken our journey but know we are exactly where he wants us to be. Ironicaly I just talked with a lady about my journey to get Mary and I got the traditional, "you can't save them all" comment. I looked her in the eye with a smile and said '"I'm saving this one and that is all that matters to her!!"
I am one hour away from flying to Atlanta. Please pray now that everything that I do in this journey to get Mary will glorify God!!!
When I arrive in China it will be around 5pm on Saturday for you. I will meet Mary sometime the next day (Sunday for you). I will be 12 hours ahead of US time. Can't wait to post from China!



3 comments:
Praying for safety and for Mary's heart to fall in love with you.
As I woke up this morning...I had your "facial hair" on my mind. Thinking he probably needs to have a clean face meeting Mary... I am glad to see you have taken care of that! Mary will love you....and remember that is what I am praying for...love immediately....but who couldn't love my brother! Please, Please keep us as updated as you can. You know me...I am checking everytime I sit at the computer! Can not wait to meet her. Enjoy your time with her! Love you more than you will ever know!
Keep us updated. Can't wait to see where this adventure takes you! We said prayers for your family tonight.
Post a Comment