2.29.2012

and........ We're Back!

After numerous difficulties of all kinds, we are back to the blog! 
First of all, a very sincere thank you to all of you who have loved us so well during this journey.  Every single encouraging word, card, phone call, meal, and donation has blessed us more than you will ever know.  We are forever grateful.

A few updates....
Pearl is doing remarkably well adapting to family life around here.  She isn't sleeping all that great, and that is wearing me out, but other than that, she seems to be pretty happy.  She still prefers me so I feel like I have an extra appendage, but that will improve with time as well.
We have made the whirlwind tour of doctor's offices since arriving home.  We have seen the cardiologist, pedicatrician, ENT and the dentist.  We will see the cardiac surgeon on Friday.  As well as the cardiologist can tell from the ultrasound done in his office, Pearl has typical Tetralogy of Fallot and should be able to have an uncomplicated open heart repair (if there is such a thing).  That was good news to us!  The pediatrician gave us an antibiotic to hopefully clear up this sinus stuff she has going on.  She also sent us to the ENT as she suspected a possible trachea issue, but that was ruled out and we got a precription for a reflux medicine instead.  Long story.  Hopefully Pearl will sleep better with the Prevacid.  We still have a visit to the craniofacial surgeon to discuss her open palate.  For now, all of the dental and palate work will wait until her little heart is repaired.  The cardiologist thinks we can wait a month or so and let her get settled in.  We will see what the surgeon thinks on Friday.  She also has fairly significant delays in multiple areas, so we will be working to catch her up on a few things after her surgery also.  I have seen her make such progress in just three short weeks, I am confident that in 6 months she will be close to where she needs to be.  With the exception of her speech delayys.
I apologize to my faithful followers ( all 3 of you) that I was such a slack blogger during our trip.  I am going to try to go back and document some of our highlights later when Pearl is a little more comfortable off my lap!  We had a very good trip and best of all - no travel issues - that was a first !
We also celebrated 2 birthdays since arriving home.  Pearl turned 4 on the 18th and Lainie turned 6 on the 23rd.  Pictures of that coming soon.  For now, enjoy the beautiful picture of our Miss Pearl.  Taken on our front porch last week.  Isn't she lovely?

13 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Just a beauty!!! Thankful you have made it through all the appointments and know her diagnosis. precious girl! Don't worry a bit about posting~ we all know you are busy busy!!! Blessings and love! XOXO

Dardi said...

She is beautiful...welcome home!

Anonymous said...

Haved loved following everything- such a little beauty that Pearl! Will pray all goes smoothly. I know from experience that all those dr appts can be a lot to sort thru! Such a gift to have her HOME!

Lorie Bell said...

Glad that she is home! Look forward to meeting her in person. :-)

Kristi said...

So happy to see her smiling' on her own front porch! Our 4 yr old has a repaired palate (no cleft in her lip) and our 2 yr old (still in China) has repaired TOF.

Anonymous said...

no worries about not blogging !! we ALL understand and are just so happy to hear whatever you have time for!! Love to you all!!
Christy

shona said...

She is lovely! So glad you all are home safely.

Our family said...

I hope I am counted as one of the 3faithful followers : ) So glad to see an update from you. Pearl looks adorable. I wanted to remind you of Lilly's many delays, and do you rememeber the dr.'s comment in GZ? "Something must be wrong with her brain. You should have an MRI done." NOT! She didn't walk til 22 months. Time and opportunity may be all she needs to catch up.

Pam said...

Welcome home, Jen! I've got an appendage, too, and sleep is not going very well here either. :) It was good to see you in GZ, brief as it was! The picture of Pearl on your porch is adorable!

Elaine said...

So excited for the good report from Dr. Hammill! Keep us updated on the surgery date when you have it. You know I'll be there by your side. We'll continue to pray for a smooth transition as you all adjust to family life with Pearl. What a sweetheart she is! Hugs to all. The Horton Family

Our family: said...

What a precious photo! I saw it last week when you posted on fb. She looks so happy and full of life. And it's wonderful to hear how she has bonded so well with you! Praying for Pearl and the upcoming surgery.
Blessings,
Lydia

Carmi said...

Pearl is just beautiful! Glad your trip went off without travel issues.

Anonymous said...

What another blessing to your family! Will be praying for you!!!
Love,
Tammy,Anna&Harrison