Late last night I opened my inbox to find this beautiful picture of Pearl. China had sent a brief update to our agency. One photo, a video that we can't open, and a lab report. Our email also said that China has agreed to expedite our case based on Pearl's medical needs. If I compare our timeline to that of a recently expedited family that would put us traveling in Feb/March. Chinese New Year falls in January, so that could hold us up a bit. And, as always with international adoption, timelines aren't very predictable..... so I'm TOTALLY guessing here.
I've been staring at this precious face all day. While I dread traveling like crazy, (I have this totally irrational fear of flying), I can't wait to get my hands on this girl.
After our experience with Mia and older child adoption, I'm not expecting everything to go smoothly at first, but I have hope that in time, the love of a family and a gracious God will put a smile on sweet Pearl's face.


6 comments:
Love her pigtails:) We too are in the process of adopting and waiting on LOA. I prayed for sweet Pearl on the shared list, she is precious. So glad to see she is joining your family!
I love her pigtaile also! So adorable. Will be praying for a speedy process the entire way!
She is adorable! Can't wait for her to join her new family. Will be praying for God to prepare for the new life God has for her.
Precious precious photo and SO hoping you make it in January!!! I know that baby needs her mama!!! XOXO
What a cutie!! Praying for Pearl and her waiting family. Think of you all often.
Michelle Whitt
Just precious...can't wait to kiss those cheeks!!
Post a Comment