Mia was brave today. As soon as she walked in the door and saw us, she wanted to cry, but she held it back to a quiet wimper. She talked the entire time about the phone number of her foster grandmother. They had given her the number on a piece of paper and she begged and begged for someone to call her. She has cried on and off about wanting someone to call her grandmother. It is very sad. I wish they had handled it differently, but that was their choice. We have had happy moments of playing. She likes to look at the flashcards I brought and repeat the words in English. She is very, very, smart. She told our guide that first she is going to a hotel, then an airplane and then to America. Someone had prepared her that much. She is a beautiful, beautiful girl who has a broken heart right now. She is allowing us to comfort her by holding her and wiping her tears. We will be fine. It will just take time. Pray that God would calm her heart and help mend the sadness she feels over having left her foster grandmother. I need to go take care of her. More details later....
Our guide Sherry and I waiting for Mia to arrive
In the Civil Affairs office
Back in the hotel with Bobby and I
31 comments:
She is beautiful...she has grown so much since the photos you had of her...praying for her heart to mend and to fall in love with you. God is great and mighty and can do all things. Much love to you all.
Michelle
Oh Jennifer, that smile. It gives hope. Praying that her heart will let you in, that she will realize the comfort, love, and security you will offer.
Anxiously awaiting your next pictures.
She is beautiful by the way, she's grown so much since the last photos you had!
Bless her little heart. Such a brave little girl. Praying for serenity and peace to surround her so that she can see the love you have for her. She is just beautiful, Jennifer!
Congratulations!
Congratulations! It was so good to see the huge smile in the photo w/ you and Bobby. We will continue to pray for all of you. Congratulations on your new daughter! She is precious!
What a beautiful and very brave girl. It is so good that she is allowing you to comfort her already, and that she had at least been told what to expect for the next couple of weeks.
Her smile is just lovely. And you are right~ you will be ok!
hey mom,
she is so pretty i'm so happy that she is letting your hold her. i'm glad that she enjoys those flashcards. i can't wait to see her!! i'll be the best big sis i can be! -Jillian
Mia is beautiful! I'm so glad that she is finally with you and Bobby. Holding you all up in prayer...knowing that God will take care of all your needs.
Many prayers our being said for peace in Mia's heart and strength for you and Bobby. She is beautiful.
Much love.
I think that all you Barbees must be brave! I love the picture of all 3 of you. My prayer is that God will heal her losses and continue to be with you on this journey.
Thinking of you all and praying for you. We will be praying for her sadness to heal and for her to fall in love with her "forever family".
This continues to be one of the most amazing love stories ever. Your writings and photos truly bring it to life. Remember that as heartbroken as Mia may be, it's obvious how comfortable with her family she is. She feels the love you have for her and is accepting - which is huge! You remain in our prayers. Blalocks
Jennifer I am so happy for you and your family. But I am crying so hard for her right now. She is beautiful and so strong. I will be praying for her and her heavy little heart. Soon she will be home and will have no doubts how blessed the rest of her life will be. Thank you so much for taking time to share with us.
Love you very much.
The Hatley's
Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful...that smile is just amazing!!! Prayers for her peace for your sweet girl as she gets to know her family! Bobbi (from CWA)
She seems to already have the "Barbee Bunch" smile...she is beautiful and I can't wait to continue to watch her grow. Love and prayers to you all. Amy
We have been waiting all morning to see these pictures. You and Bobby are very wise; she will MORE than fine. She is blessed ( as is your family ) to have the Barbee bunch.
It was good to finally see you together with her after such a wait. We have prayed and will continue to keep on!!
What a beautiful little girl!!!
the Davis'
Mia is so very precious and before you know it, she will begin to understand the love you have for her. I am praying for you guys & sendin ya lots of love! Hope things are better for her tomorrow :-)
Melinda G
Woke up at 3 am and said a prayer for Mia and ya'll! She is beautiful! (met you and your two daughters at Belk last week)
I wanted to let you all three know we are praying without ceasing at home for you all. I know this is difficult for all of you but know that Mia will someday understand how blessed she is to have such a loving warm Christ filled family as yours. We look forward to welcoming all of you home soon!!
What a wonderful day for your family. We will continue to pray for all of you. God is wise, HIS timing perfect, and he is in control!!
Tammy,Anna,&Harrison
Congrats! She is beautiful..I will pray for a smooth transition.
Tina
Hey Aunt Jen,
I'am praying for ya'll! Mia is beautiful!Can't wait for more pictures!
Love Ya,
Shelby B.
She's beautiful and we're praying for you! God is faithful to complete the good works He starts!
Lisa (CWA mommy)
Hey, Bobby and Jennifer. I know this day has been such a mixture of emotion for you both. I just know God has great things in store for you and for Mia. I can't think of a better family for her to join. I am praying for you and your entire family which now includes Mia. Enjoy your time there. Love you lots, Sharlina
hey aunt jen,uncle bobby,and mia I am soooooooooo excited for all of you.Hope you have a good nights sleep.I will be praying for you all.KATIE B.
Congratulations on your new daughter. Praying for her transition.
Barbra King (FFTIA)
Love does, and will conquer all....especially broken-hearted little Mia. You're right she is a strong little girl and our hope is unwavering, a little time and a whole lot of love will mend this sweet heart of hers. We have no doubt God's will is for you all to be together and He will give you all the strength and wisdom it will take. We are praising Him for allowing you and Bobby to lay eyes and arms on your fifth child!!!! We are also lifting you, Bobby and Mia up to the only One who truly knows what you are all experiencing at this moment and can calm any & all your fears.
We love you and will be here for you!
Rodney & Sherry
She is beautiful!! Praying that Mia is doing better and that you are both holding on to Gods amazing ride He is taking you on. Remember you can do all things through Him who gives you strenght. James and I said a special prayer tonight for Mia and you both. We love you.
I love the last picture! Thinking and praying for ya'll lots!
Love,
Mandy, Jesse, and Payton
Jennifer,
Cingratulations on your new daughter. Praying that God will mend her heart and open it to your love...
Blessings,
Jennifer O
That last picture - the one with the three of you - made me just cry. What joy.
Oh Jennifer, I can't believe I'm just now catching up with your blog, I've missed so much! Mia is beautiful and I am praying for you all!
Post a Comment