3.13.2009

I just need ONE day...

If the world could just stop spinning for one day I think I could catch up. Catch up on laundry, e-mail, grading papers, packing lunches, lesson plans, cleaning house, science projects, filing, printing pics, reading for my Bible study...... the list goes on. I just can't seem to stay caught up because every minute that passes by brings more things to do. But, in the moments that I feel overwhelmed, I am also aware of how grateful I am to be such a busy mom. Grateful that I have happy children who are healthy and can play sports - which creates Mt. Washmore in my laundry room. Grateful that I have a job that I love even when I have to stay up late grading papers. Grateful that I have food in my frig to pack all of those lunches for all of those field trips. Grateful that I have good friends who totally understand me when I have "those days" when all of the "to dos" get the best of me. Grateful that my husband isn't above cleaning toilets and doing laundry to help our family out.
I'm thinking time isn't going to stand still anytime soon just for me, so I'll keep taking it minute by minute. Doing what needs to be done in the moment - and doing it with a grateful heart (most days :) )
Here are a few things that have been keeping me busy lately.....
My three big kids finished up their basketball season. So now we go from the gym to the ballfield. Here's Jillian with her team. These girls were by far the most improved team in the league. They are all such good friends and we had a great time spending time with them all.It is the year of milestone birthdays at our house. Jillian turned 10 and Trey will be 13 in April. WOW is all I can say......
I've been promising Jillian a sleepover birthday party when she turned 10. So, this year she invited 12 of her closest friends (yes, that would be a 13 girl sleepover) to her slumber party. They had a blast in the basement. Note the unfinished walls. I need the world to stop spinning for at least two days so that I can get to that project.

We also had another snow day that brought about 5 inches of snow our way. The kids had a great time getting together at Mamaw's house with all of their cousins to play in the snow. Bobby's family always seems to gather at his mom's house when there is inclement weather. It most likely has something to do with the fact that his mom is a wonderful cook. Here we are enjoying chicken stew at her house during the snowy weather.Nothing like family and good food to warm you up on a cold, snowy day. I'm so grateful. Now I'm off to tackle a few things on that to do list....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I more than understand you on needing the world to stop spinning!! I could use that, too...I don't think I am going to make it till spring break with out a break!!!! I am not sure how teachers have families...all I can say is that it is a good thing that I am single and don't have anyone else to worry about but me (and my 21 students!!)! I am doing school work all the time! Hope things slow down a little for you. Miss everyone at Mission!

Amanda Williams

Karen said...

What a cute blog you have! As you know, I totally understand the busy issue. I just asked if I could take a week off from blogging to catch up on my email. I have about 560. haha No such luck.