9.16.2008

Our new friend.... Ellie Bryant


The Bryants posted this picture on their blog on Sept 16. Isn't Ellie beautiful ?

Lilly on your left..... Ellie on your right.

I saw this poem on another site a few days ago. It describes very well the path that God leads so many down as they follow His call in adoption. We've seen the transformation in the lives of Lainie and Lilly. Now, we can't wait to watch His love transform Ellie into the person He has created her to be.......

Every call has a beginning..

A quiet moment when God whispers a promise to a mother’s heart

A holy place where a father bows and faithfully accepts the journey set before him.

A miraculous morning that unexpectedly dawns…

Casting its first light on a chosen threshold.

A gentle knock..a closed door opens.

A sacred invitation sent by the Father..Leads to the other side of the world.

Where lonely hearts stare out orphanage windows

Praying for someone to care..

And then one morning,

On an ordinary day

An orphan’s life changes...

God sends them a second chance...

Through you..


--author unknown

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Jen, I just started crying when I read this poem. It so perfectly puts into words the journey of adoption!! Thanks.

Our family said...

Hey Everyone, How are yall? I hope yall will come see us in OCTOBER.Ellie is doing well.How is school going??? Thank you for your prayers. KATIE BRYANT