3.21.2007

Still Waiting on Travel Approval (TA)

We are still waiting to receive travel approval from China. Just guessing from the average wait we've seen in other cases, it could be any day now, or it could be a few more weeks. After we receive TA from China, our agency can then set up our consulate appointment in China and we will know then when we are traveling. Right now, if we get our TA in the next 2 weeks or so, I am GUESSING that we would travel May 4 or May 11. Again, we'll be in China for two weeks. Our children will be staying with Bobby's sister, Michelle. I'm sure his other sisters will pitch in and help as well. Be praying now that all will be in place to go smoothly while we are gone. I know the kids will be having a blast with all of our family, but we sure will be missing them!! We've spent the last two weeks trying to get things finished in our upstairs. We had to finish a bonus room for Trey's new bedroom and then Will is moving to Trey's old room - to give Lainie his room. We haven't been able to move anyone because we are waiting on paint and carpet in the bonus room. That should all be done this week. I've been spending my time collecting packing list from various places. I think I've taken bits and pieces from several and put them into one that will work for us. The challenge is the weight limit for luggage in domestic flights in China (we'll be making 2 of those). The limit is only 44 pounds of checked in luggage. No matter how many bags you check in, their combined weight can only be 44 lbs. So, if you see pictures for us in China and it looks like we are wearing the same clothes everyday - that is because we will be!!
I'm so thankful for all of the traveling advice we've received from people who have done this before. We are grateful for all of the experienced people that God has placed in our lives. If you are one of those people - THANK YOU for allowing him to use you. We are looking forward to the day when we can share our experience with others as well!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I check every day or so to see the exciting words, "We got our TA!" Hang in there, the best is yet to come!

Kristi